I’ve tried many vanilla cupcakes recipe over the years, but I still haven’t found ‘The One’ yet. I don’t know if I’m being picky, but the recipes that I’ve tried so far didn’t have that ‘wow’ factor. With classic recipes such as vanilla, I have high expectations for it. I want the flavor to stand out and have that extra oomph that differentiates it from all the other vanilla cupcakes. I headed to Google to check out various recipes and clicked the first link. I tested it out and this recipe is the best so far. I love how the cupcakes came out with a flat, even top. Usually when I bake cupcakes, they have a domed top, which makes for uneven icing.
What are your favorite cupcake recipes? Or just recipes in general?
Light and Moist Vanilla Cupcakes
Courtesy of Lindsay
1 2/3 cups (240g) all purpose flour
1 cup (200g) sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup salted butter (170g), room temperature
3 egg whites
3 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup (120ml) sour cream
1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream and milk and mix on medium speed just until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Fill cupcake liners a little more than half way.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.