I don’t even know what to call these pandan treats. They’re not quite muffins, nor are they cupcakes. When these cakes are popped into the oven, my whole kitchen is filled with the sweet aroma of pandan. These cakes don’t even need frosting, as they are good on their own. I won’t write too much today since I wrote a super long post last time. So I’ll let the pictures do all the talking.
Yields: a dozen
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp pandan
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the pandan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Fill muffin cups evenly and bake for 17-20 minutes.
*Tip: When a toothpick poked into the cake comes out with moist crumbs at 14-15 minutes, it means you only have a minute more of baking. However, if the toothpick comes out clean, it means the cupcakes are probably overbaked.