Happy Wednesday Everyone,
I hope that you had a wonderful weekend and was able to relax a bit. This week (and last week) I took a break from baking because I wanted to focus more on my studies, especially statistics since we’re getting into really complicated stuff. I like the professor because when he teaches I actually understand it. The problem began this week, when the speed of the lecture escalated to a whole other level. All we did in class was take notes, our pens and pencils zooming back and forth in our notebooks, while we ourselves were barely able to process all of the information. So I’ve been reading the book and re-reading my notes from class to understand the concepts. I also planned dates to go in for tutoring, which I look forward to, because I find statistics fascinating.
Aside from that, I am also a little bit behind with the assignments from Blogging 101. Although I haven’t been able to keep up with the assignments itself, I’ve visited many fascinating blogs and read a lot about amazing bloggers out there. While the purpose of commenting and reading each other’s posts is mostly just to encourage and support each other, I want to really get to know you (if you’ll let me). So I’m going to do a simple 10 fun facts about me and, in turn, tag 5 other bloggers to do the same. This is completely optional, but if you are reading this I highly encourage you to tell me 10 things about you down below (and don’t forget to link your blog if you have one!).
Therefore, I tag:
Fun Facts About Me
1. I taught myself how to play the piano/read music for 5 years and baking for 8 years.
2. My favorite authors are Khaled Hosseini and Haruki Murakami. I have all three of Hosseini’s books; while I loved The Kite Runner, I was able to relate to A Thousand Splendid Suns more. I also own three of Murakami’s works: 1Q84, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, and Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage.
3. My favorite song is Ordinary World by Duran Duran. I have absolutely no idea why.
4. I love animals. When I was younger I had a pet crab, several goldfishes, about 30 baby chicks, about 10 ducklings, a parakeet, a hamster, a mouse, a pigeon, and several rabbits. I think that is it…or maybe I had more, but I just don’t remember. In high school, my friend and I used to visit Monster Pets after school just to play with the dogs and look at the rabbits and cats.
5. I have two younger sisters and am the eldest of all three. My middle sister is very intelligent and studious; she excels at everything she does (i.e. Chemistry, Physics, AP Chemistry, Precalculus,etc) and I’m proud of her. The younger one can be characterized as ‘the free bird’ out of all of us. Compared to me and my middle sister, she is a social butterfly and her social life makes me feel like I have no life!
6. I am very, very introverted. But I have improved a whole lot since high school, I think mostly because when I entered college my confidence boosted. Being involved in a lot of organizations and having a real job also helped me put myself ‘out there’ more.
7. I love children and working with children. Some people are apprehensive about working with children, sometimes because they don’t know what to do or where to start with them. Personally, I feel like if you just talk to them and show interest in what they’re doing they’ll warm-up to you. However, each child is different.
8. My biggest supporter is Mr. W. He reads my blog as soon as new posts are up, and even helps me edit them sometimes! Just yesterday he surprised me with a tripod for my camera so that I can film more videos. I feel so lucky to have him in my life and I am so grateful to have someone in my life who understands me and knows me so well. So if you are reading this, thank you so much for everything!
9. Some of my favorite TV shows: Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, Madam Secretary, State of Affairs, Once Upon a Time, Arrow, The Flash, Reign, DC Cupcakes, The Great British Baking Show, etc.
10. Some of my favorite musicians: Idan Raichel, Coldplay, Radiohead, Jim Croce, Norah Jones, Patsy Cline, The Ronettes, Jhene Aiko, The Weeknd, Joss Stone, Alt-J, Jah Cure, Yuna, Zee Avi, Lana Del Rey, Paolo Nutini, Movits!, Nina Simone, MGMT, Bon Iver, Taylor Swift, etc. I’m very eclectic when it comes to music. I love everything from alternative, country, classical, rap, to world music, and so much more.
This is quite a long post, so if you’re still reading, thank you! You now know a bit about me, so tell me about you!