Today I want to share with you this quick and easy recipe for French Toast Rolls. It has been raining all day here and it’s freezing in the house, too. So my sister and I thought we could use a little comfort food that’s also easy to make.
In this recipe I stuffed my rolls with bananas and chocolate morsels, but you could definitely substitute it with whatever you like. My favorite stuffing combinations are bananas and chocolate, strawberries and cream cheese, and apples and brown sugar with a dash of cinnamon.
Let me know what your favorite food pairings are and enjoy this recipe!
Stuffed French Toast Rolls
(makes 8 rolls)
8 slices of white bread
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 cup of milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
Chocolate morsels (optional)
1 Tbsp butter, cubed
powdered sugar (optional)
*I also added a pinch of nutmeg and cardamom, which are completely optional as well
- Put the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, milk and vanilla in a bowl and mix with your whisk.
- Cut the edges of the bread and slightly flatten using a rolling pin.
- Cut the bananas into small pieces and drop about a tablespoon of the bananas and the chocolate morsels onto the edge of the bread and slowly roll. Make sure to roll tightly, but not too tight that the bread rips.
- Warm the pan in low heat and drop the half a tablespoon of the butter to coat.
- Dip the rolled bread into the egg mixture (make sure to get the whole thing in) and place the roll opening side down to seal until it’s golden brown. Be sure to get all of the sides golden brown as well so it’s cooked.
- Garnish with fresh fruits or dust with powdered sugar and serve!