I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! So much has happened this past year and I just want to say that I am very glad to have made it this far. It has been seven months since I have written for my blog, but that does not mean that I have stopped baking! However, today I want to share my favorite sugar cookie recipe. It is really, really easy to make, requires no chilling of the dough, and the cookies come out with perfect edges every time. You probably already have all of the ingredients in your pantry.
Before we I also wanted to share what I gifted and received this Christmas.
So first, these are the some of the things I gifted for my friends and family:
1. A subscription to LootCrate — which is good for those folks who is into all things gaming. I thought that some of the things my friend received in the December box was pretty neat. My favorite has got to be the limited edition Funko Pop vinyl featuring Joker Batman, but my friend loved the Groot socks.
2. Pusheen ‘I Love Kitties‘ T-shirt — because my sister loves kitties
4. Cute duck slippers — I got my mom these adorable duck slippers because she loves ducks and obviously, there’s no better way for her to express her love of them than by wearing them on her feet.
5. Homemade truffles and cookies
These are the things I received from my loved ones. As you can tell, I got really excited about using the rolling pin that I baked more and more sugar cookies.
If I had to choose my favorite gift this year, it would be my loved ones themselves. (But I really do love my beautiful Tahitian black pearl earrings) My question to you is: What was the best thing you gifted this year and what is your favorite gift that you received?
Finally, we shall move on to the glorious sugar cookie recipe!
Sugar Cookie Recipe
adapted from here
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, at room temperature
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in your mixing bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Add flour mixture into the creamed butter and sugar in several additions. Mix with spatula until it forms a dough. When dough starts to become stiff, knead it by hand and add some flour until dough is not sticky.
- Roll dough into 1/4 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters. *Dip your cookie cutters into flour so that it’s easier for the dough to release itself.
- Sprinkle cookies with sugar on top. Bake at 300F for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!