When baking I like to have a balance of flavor so that one flavor does not overpower the other. I feel that the white chocolate chip macadamia cookie does just that. The sweetness of the white chocolate chips, along with the crunchy batter of the folded in macadamia nuts, makes a perfect combination that makes your taste buds burst with joy. I had been looking for a recipe that makes a good, flavorful white chocolate macadamia cookies and this recipe is IT (at least for me it is).
The first time I tried it, it was with a friend. Soon after tasting the cookies, I knew I had to make a second batch.
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
Adapted from here
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips, or add according to preference
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl, then set aside. Beat together the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla with a mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture until just mixed. Fold in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips. Drop by the spoonful onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes so the cookies can set before moving to a rack.